Each time you connect to the internet, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns an IP address to your respective devices whether laptop, mobile phone and so on which it possible for websites and applications to track your activities and pinpoint your geographical location. Therefore, it is a necessity to change your IP address to protect your Internet Privacy.
Ways Of Changing Your IP Address:
1.Using VPN: Best way to change IP Addresses
Even though there are numerous methods to change your IP address, the use of a VPN proxy is by far the best and secure way to change your IP Address. Here are the most popular VPN proxies internet users prefer.
- Private Internet Access– It is the best VPN service that allows you to instantly change your IP address with an encrypted connection. This provides you a complete anonymity while browsing the internet. Download Private internet Access
- Hide My Ass VPN– This is one of the the most popular and trusted VPN service that provides a fast and reliable proxy server that allows you to easily change your IP address and also obtain a virtual IP address you desire.Download Hide My Ass VPN
- VyprVPN – VyprVPN offers the fastest VPN services which make it possible for its customers to effortlessly change their real IP using proxy which supports various operating system or platforms.Download VyprVPN
Benefits of the using VPN over other techniques:
- Fast, secure and highly dependable. All of your web traffic is encrypted to keep your data safe from hackers and also shield your privacy.
- You can choose from a list of countries and locations to get a new IP address.
- Easily bypass regional restriction for your location
2.Change IP via Restarting the Router
Whenever you connect to the internet your ISP can also assign a exceptional IP to device called dynamic IP. In case your internet connection uses a dynamic IP you can easily change it simply by restarting your network device like modem/router. All you need to to is turn it off then wait few seconds and turn it on again a new IP will be assigned to your device.
Not using a VPN, this method has few drawbacks. Your newly assigned IP will have the same country as your previous IP. if you’re trying to pass a country block it might now not be possible. Furthermore, in case your internet connection makes use of a static IP address, you may get the same IP assigned irrespective of how typically you restart your router.
3.Using Free Web Proxy to Change Your IP address
If you can’t afford a VPN service or restarting the router doesn’t get you a brand new IP, you could strive some of the free browser based proxy services that help you change your IP address and surf anonymously. The following are some of the sites that provide free proxy services:
Drawbacks of the usage of free net proxies
As free as this services are they come with some few drawbacks
- Slow website accesibility
- Their services are questionable which result to unreliable connections which possess potential treat and can harm your devices.
- Limited IP selection or automated choice giving to you.
- Users should bare with annoying pop-ups and ads because that is the only way they can generate income for the rendering free service to customers
ways to ensure that Your IP is changed
To confirm if your IP address has been changed successfully check Google here or visit on your browser and type “What s my IP address” or you can also click on check2ip or whoer to check your IP address and other aspect that disturb you from getting 100% anonymity.
The above shows the previous and new IP address after the router has been restarted.